Thursday 5 April 2012

Lawn Of Destiny

So there I sat, mowing my lawn of destiny and being caught in the face by the slanty red rays of the setting sun. Behind me across the verge the beetroots grew quietly bigger, dreaming peacefully of the days near at hand when they will blissfully garnish someone's hamburger.

Or so I thought. For as I completed another neat row of the lawn, something caught my eye... something long and green and red lurking in the scrub of the verge. As I trundled closer more and more of them became apparent. All watching me as I mowed. 

Beets! They shuffled slowly out of the scrubby grass to stand in neat rows upon my lawn. MY lawn. The Lawn of Destiny. Fuckers. I pulled up in front of them, my eyes glittering with the sunset light.

"What ho, Beets?" I demanded in my best British General's voice. 

A beetroot raised a finger and took a breath... and my dream went pop. Still I found myself in this place bereft of certain thingies. Beetroot grew everywhere, from the slushy tundra to the sweltering tropics of this place. I pooed beetroot, I sweated vomited and pissed beetroot.

Goddammit.

What I wouldn't give for an honest block of Gruyere.

Ranted by Doomboy

No comments:

Post a Comment